This article provides instructions on setting up Lotus Domino to relay through MailChannels. In order to relay emails, the mail transfer agent (MTA) will have to authenticate with MailChannels using the credentials provided to you. Set up a smart host and adjust the retry interval by following these steps:
- Open Domino Administrator.
- Click Administration and select the Configuration tab.
- Click Configurations.
- Double click the name of your Domino Server.
- At the top of the window, click Edit Server Configuration.
- Select the Router/SMTP tab in the first row. (This will select the Basics tab of the second row of tabs.)
- Under Relay host for messages leaving the local internet domain, add the following: smtp.mailchannels.net.
- In the field Use authentication when sending messages to the relay host, choose: Required - Checks whether the server can authenticate. If the server cannot authenticate, no attempt is made to try a non-authenticated session.
- Specify the SMTP account name in the Name field, and the SMTP password in the Password field. These will be provided by MailChannels.
- Select the Restrictions and Controls tab from the second row.
- Select the Transfer Controls tab from the third row.
- Set the configuration Initial Transfer Retry Interval to 1 minute or higher.
- Click Save & Close to exit.
- Once you have completed your configuration, send a test message to confirm that your outbound mail is sending as expected.
Please sign in to leave a comment.